Saturday, April 08, 2006

Rain delay

Okay, so I don't seem to be getting much done to day and I might as well blog a bit. It's not like I haven't been trying to be productive, but I keep letting myself get distracted by small projects and cleaning up the office and stuff like that, so I haven't made any major strides on the stuff was intending to work on.

It might be no wonder that I am operating at less than peak efficiency today: Otis and I met Soapy at the U-district IHOP last night for a late night snack and a midnight visit to the new digs. It was good to see Soapy, absent from some recent events (*cough* moving day *cough*), who is on yet another cusp in his life (besides the Greenwood-Broadview border), one which looks to be the start of good stuff career-wise. Yay!

There are some dim shapes forming in the unclear mists that comprise the future of my own working life... vague, inchoate, just barely discernable. I hope through force of will to bring them into actuality. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the part-time schedule. I took a nice ride on the B-G Thursday, while Otis was at work, clocking a little over thirty miles at 13.2 mph, with a short stop at Third Place Books in LFP for a PB&J (literally). I am on track for B2K and hope to get a pleasure ride in tomorrow and then ride to Bothell again on Monday. This rain business isn't helping much but I don't want to let it deter me. I need to go out and get some rain gear, perhaps.

Hey, have ya heard? Wheylona is coming back for a visit!

And here's another cool link, just for us Apple-types, courtesy (once gain) of The Cartoonist.

No comments: