Monday, April 03, 2006

Always look on the bright side of life

It's sure a lucky thing that I have such a sunny disposition, because if I didn't, I'd be awful cranky.

So, I told you about my English class at NSCC being cancelled. I immediately got on the horn to Cascadia to try to rustle up some work for the summer to make up for that budget shortfall. Today I heard that there will not be a class for me at CCC over the summer. Grrr.

So, today I rode my bike to Bothell to stay on top of B2K. The ride in was pleasant enough, but when I got out of class at 5:00 or so, it was raining. I came home in a steady drizzle all the way. I took Lake City Way instead of staying on the B-G, so even though it cut off about 3.4 miles, it was hilly and crowded with traffic and often shoulder-less and not a whole lot of fun. Grrr-grrr.

So, I talked to my adjunct-faculty type colleagues tonight on the phone and we're all in the same boat and nobody likes it. Grrr.

So, I helped Otis work her way through Turbo-tax and it doesn't want to give her the refund she should be getting based on her Lifelong Learning Credit. Small potatoes compared to the check I am going to have to send in with my tax return in twelve days, two hours, and three minutes. Grrr-grrr-grrr.

So, I am going to spend all day Thursday sending in job apps to all kinds of jobs. I can't be waiting around for the perfect full-time teaching opportunity - I need to take the bull by the horns and get some action happenin'.

Nonetheless...

I had a great time in the classroom today. Otis had a great dinner and a big smile waiting for me when I got home from school. I am warm and dry and have a great home and a great life. I had a wonderful weekend and will, in all likelihood, have a lot more, with all my wonderful friends.

So yeah, it's still sunny.


No comments: