Sunday, April 02, 2006

Don't hurry sundown

So, if we were all smart (and not like Nedra) we all turned our clocks one hour ahead last night and we're on time today. And even if we didn't, we have fixed it by now, and all our sundowns will be one later than yesterday. Hurrah for lighter-longer evenings!

So, yesterday was the official start of B2K, and bike we did. Even though it was raining, Otis and I completed a mid-morning Burke-Gilman ride from Gasworks to Matthews Beach and back. A few kinks in the muscles, but overall it was a better-than-decent first effort. I plan on riding up to Bothhell tomorrow; I still need to figure out the smoothest route to the B-G from the new place.

Of course, we should have taken the ride in the afternoon, when it was all sunny and warm and stuff, but by then we were back deep into house arranging and organizing.

We had a sort-of pre-housewarming last night: Sailor Sue, Mighty Mel, and Kris-10 and Rye-N came over for a movie we never got around to watching. Instead, we caught up, planned alternate careers, and experimented with race changes, like Black Like Me or Lois Lane No. 106. You can do all of those things, too, the last-mentioned at this site. Just upload a face-on photo and get morphing. Here's some of our results, cropped but otherwise untouched:


"Afro-Caribean" Walaka


"West Indian" Otis

The website - which Sailor Sue heard about on Oprah, of all places - will also age/de-age the face, swap the gender, create a portrait by Modigliani or others, create an ape-person, or show the subject drunk.

Let's see those faces, folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I did try this at home, yet didn't really have the right photo for it to work well.

I think we should have a Face Transformer Party....or side activity at a party, and take head shots with monotone backgrounds and see if they work better.

My favorites last night were masculinized Courtney, aka Stoner Dude, and Ape-Man Walaka. The Baby Walter photo is still a memory I am trying to erase, I'm finding I have the need to look over my shoulder at odd moments when I think of it.