Sunday, February 12, 2006

The waning of the weekend

So, there are a few loose ends about that will need to be taken care of first thing tomorrow, but for all intents and purposes I got done what I needed to get done this weekend. Otis is in bed with an upset stomach, so I am just cleaning up my virtaul and actual desks.

We did get a chance to see the townhome today, and it is nearly perfect. It comes with a pretty high rent, but really not so much considering it includes Otis's workspace, complete with separate entrance and adjoining bathroom. We have to do the credit application routine, and hope to negotiate as late a move-in as we can. We'll see where this goes.

Of course, to complicate things completely, there is a full-time opening in Bellingham at a place that I love to work (Whatcom CC), for a job for which I am exceedingly qualified. We'll see where that goes. too.

Only two weeks of classes left at Brenneke! Otis's schedule is lighter than it has been for more than a month. It's amazing how this ride has gone, innit? We should be ready to party hardy at the Stanford Center in 19 days.

Hey, there's a new blink in the bling: fasten your seatbelts, because Scotty has entered the blogosphere.

And here is a little movie that I think you (and this especially means our linguist and near-linguist friends) will find totally cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the link to the movie does not seem to work

Walaka said...

I dunno - I can get it both at home and on campus...

Anonymous said...

It worked for me.

Hey, that will be interesting to see if that condo-type place works out.

Did you hit any snow?