Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Sunday Afternoon (on the Island of La Grande Jatte) with Walaka


I am taking a little break, since I have 75% of my responding done for the weekend. I still have a stack of short assignments and some lesson prep to do, but there are no community college classes tomorrow, so I have a little slack and some extra time. (I do have to teach at Antioch, however.)

Otis has spent her Sunday out in the wilds of Mt. Rainier, doing her feng shui/organizational thing with a client of Hi Lai. (As a matter of fact, she called to say she was on her way home as I was typing those lines.) When she gets back, we'll do a bit more work, since she has her IHS grading to do, too.

Speaking of high school, the winds of fate seem to be trying to blow me toward secondary ed: here's another "Upper School" position available, and it's within a long walk/easy bike ride from the townhome. Maybe I should start thinking seriously about this Mr. Chips thing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Walter.

I have a friend who just started working at U Prep as a school librarian. She went from academic librarianship to high school & she loves it. If you want to talk with her, let me know.