Saturday, February 11, 2006

That was the week that was

Man, the week has just flown by! Y'know, with my load, it's not the teaching that keeps me so busy; it's not even the responding, although that does take some time; it's the keeping all the verdammnt papers in order! I keep getting new stacks and heaps: papers, excercises, journals, folders. It's a job just to keep them straight so I know what it is I need to do.

Had a mini-WWS last night: Mighty Mel, J-Force, and Mary-Bee came over for the show. We wound up watching The Wooden Man's Bride, a "Chinese Renaissance" film from the early nineties (J brought it). It was a little weird and a good movie; we were commenting on how much the style of Chinese films has changed from Ju Dou to Hero - but how that Mongolian landscape never fails to stun.

Otis and I have found what might be a perfect townhouse, over in the Roosevelt area; we just can't seem to get in contact with landlords, either by phone or email! I hope they are just away for the weekend; this looks like it might be a really good place for all our needs. Wish us some good rental-karma.

Here's a little toy for Valentine's Day: It makes a .jpg of one of those little candy hearts, with your custom message. Put one on your blog!


No comments: