Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Magoo, you've done it again...


And that is mis-timing a meeting and winding up with time free and no papers on hand to respond! My English 101 meeting here at cascadia starts at 3:30, not 3:00, so I have a few minutes to kill.

I will use this time to put out the first call for assistance in moving. Otis and I will be returning from paradise on Saturday, 3/25 at 11:00 pm. We need to be out of the Ridge apartment by Friday, 3/31. That pretty clearly narrows down moving day to Sunday, 3/26.

I think I will try to arrange for an in-town small rental truck for Sunday afternoon. How many stalwarts can I get to lend muscular and/or cartage assistance? Another pickup or two and a few sets of hands, and we can get the majority of the stuff moved over in a couple of hours - it's only a ten-minute drive to the new place, we have a convenenient parking space, there are no exterior stairs, and we'll try to have as much packed as we can before we even leave for paradise.

So, whattaya say? Any takers? The usual pizza-and-beer thing will follow.

5 comments:

John said...

I can't really offer my car, but I'm happy to come shlep stuff.

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Scotty Walsh said...

If you hook me up on Skype or something and hook up a web cam I could supervise. I'd be happy to do that.

Ned said...

I'll just watch from here, OK? Have a GASP for me!

Anonymous said...

Got a (small) truck and willing to help.

venta