Friday, February 17, 2006

Man, it's cold


Well, looks like the "Arctic Blast" is here - it was 29 degrees when I got up. Brrrr. I'm sure the local news teams are out reporting on DeepFreeze-06! or whatever they will be calling it. And I'm sure glad I don't watch local news.

Looks like the townhome will be a go. I'll give details when the deal is inked.

We were in Ken's last night picking up some groceries when I noticed something: chocolate can be expensive! There were all kinds of little pieces, nicely wrapped, from about the size of a matchbook to the size of a transistor radio battery, and they cost like two bucks each. Granted, they were all from Belgium or Venezuela or somesuch, but still. I guess I never paid attention to that end of the market. It makes me wonder what kind of stuff they use in a Hershey bar that they can sell three times as much for a third the price.

Otis is feeling back to normal. She went to class yesterday and will be working to day, so 's all good.

As usual, I have a ton of responding for the weekend, but if I can get a little ahead tonight, maybe we'll do a Saturday night moovie.


No comments: