Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tea and sympathy

I have my tea, I could use some sympathy. After a late night last night, I woke up at 5:30 and had to deal with the cat, and taking out the garbage and recycling, and moving the car to a legal spot. I went back to bed for an hour and a half or so, and got up feeling beat up, worn out, and hay-fevery. I'm going to try to get myself together and walk around the lake and turn into a functional critter.

I rode my bike to Bothell and back yesterday, and my knees felt every mile of it. It wasn't until after I had returned my library book that I realized I could just have gone to Suzzalo at the main campus, but it was nice to see Vee and the other librarians for little visit anyway, and it sure was a great day for a ride.

After quotidian enterprises, the beautiful day was bookended at the other side by a session with the GURPS gang. Soapy, Dingo, Johnbai, Neds, and Mr. X arrived with armfuls of deli and heads full of adventure, and we ate them both all up. Selkie spent a good deal of the evening on the couch listening to the escapades of five picaroons with various neuroses and/or psychoses alternately argue and hack 'n' slash their way across New Amsterdam. Good times.

When the dust and black powder had cleared, and the players were dispersed, and the dishes done, and the evidence hidden, I had a chat with Otis on the phone and finally got myself to bed, happy with the fullness of life.

Today's Daily Dose of Paradise Pictures:

the paradisical photog

Big Ed

pacific

you're a kitty!

nice


This will melt the hardest heart (and raises a lot of questions about what we "know" about animals):



Here's a left-brain link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even the overblown Whitney Houston song can't stop me from tearing up at this this! But I had no idea Robert Plant ever had a lion?

John said...

I think Sachet would love this. Personally, I think it needed more Grisly Man.