Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Just like old times

Yesterday felt like a day out of my grad school summer, when I was living a pretty solitary life in Cheney while finishing my thesis. I took a walk around the lake early, and a bike ride to Office Max in the afternoon, and a walk to the library in the evening, but spent the rest of the time at home. The only conversations of substance I had were with J-Force for a few minutes at the library and with Stella and Otis on the phone. The rest of the day was passed in reading (I finished off The God Delusion) and writing stuff. Today will likely pass the same way, at least until the Humpday dinner; it was supposed to start out foggy, but the skies are blue and I expect it will be hotter than they initially predicted.

In the midst of this summer daze, we have let Jon of Monmouth's birthday gone unmarked. I mentioned earlier that we seem to have lost the blog-habit of birthday celebrations, so here's another (belated) attempt to resurrect the practice! (You can check out the festivities on Jon's own blog.)

Happy Birthday, Jon!


Here are today's Pictures of Paradise from Otis:

poets in the sand

ooooh...

aaaah...

I don't know what the heck this is about

2 comments:

Jon Myers said...

Muchas gracias, compaƱero

Venta Silins said...

What did you think about The God Delusion?