Thursday, September 06, 2007

Quickie from Kitsap

I'm here at SBCTC New Faculty Institute in Poulsbo, taking a quick break before the afternoon sessions. To catch up on the highlights of Tuesday and Wednesday:

--Went to Tully's and responded papers on Tuesday morning (Well, it's a highlight for me).

--Had Wheylona over in Tuesday night to watch American Movie. It was simultaneously the funniest and saddest movie I have seen in a long time.

--Had an English discipline meeting for most of Wednesday and then my salary negotiations with the college. I got everything I wanted!

--I taught Wednesday evening and Otis picked me up to come out late last night.

--This Holiday Inn Express is not as nice as the three other Holiday Inn Expresses we have stayed at this summer.

3 comments:

Courtney Putnam said...

Regarding highlight #5:

I had the joy of experiencing ear-piercing fire alarm testing this morning here at the hotel as I was trying to write. Yee-haw!

Otis

wheylona said...

Heh, "English discipline meeting". Is that B&D with a stiff upper lip?

Anonymous said...

Yes, any dangling participles are beaten down and then lopped off- all while mocking the dangler....