Thursday, September 13, 2007

Look what I have made!

I just spent twenty minutes or so fighting with the space bar n my laptop. I had pulled it off for some reason, and the putting-back-in process involved several steps that included manipulating tiny components at extremely close tolerances; the process is further complicated by disassembling one of the internal assemblies by accidents, a practice that I suggest you avoid should find yourself involved in this operation. Sheesh! But now it works just fine, and I am amazed at how I could feel the difference between not-quite-done and back-to-normal in an instant.

Innyway, I continued my multi-modal transportation practices today: Monday I drove, Tuesday I biked, and Wednesday I scootered, so today I bussed. It was a fine ride, as usual, and I expect I'll be making it with some frequency, at least in one direction, over the long rainy season.

We finished off the orientation today' tomorrow is Convocation, the gathering of the entire college, all together, all in one place, except for a lot of people who won't come, of course. Next week is full of in-service training, except for Thursday and Friday, which are planning days. It'll be odd teaching three classes all at one place, but it will be nice having a coherent and unified getting-ready process.

Otis picked me up in Bothell so we could go out and do some errands, mostly fruitless. After I took an afternoon nap, we headed up to Cap Hill for dinner at TeaPot Veggie, and now we're here at Caffe Ladro, and now you know everything that I know.

No comments: