Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Did I mention the deal with the bus?

During the orientation and pre-fall weeks, I was trying different ways to get into Bothell, one of which was the bus, and man, was it slick. I could catch a Metro bus down on 15th at just past half-past the hour and be up in Lake City at :52; then, the Sounder to Bothell came at :55 and I was off to the races. Cool! It even worked if you added 30 minutes to each time, for twice-hourly commuting goodness.

But (and there's always a but, isn't there?), on the first day of school, the bus schedules changed. Or at least the Metro schedules changed, so my bus comes just a few minutes later - at :39 or :42 - and gets to Lake City at :58 now. But the Sounder still comes at :55.

So, I'm basically screwed, bus-wise. I can either leave a half-hour earlier and spend 27 minutes standing in front of the Fred Meyer parking lot just to get to Cascadia at the same time, or I can walk not to 15th but to 25th and catch a different, direct bus that has an acceptable schedule, although I will get wetter when it rains.

But, as I always say, at least no one is dropping bombs on me as I make my commute, so I really can't complain.

No comments: