Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall flotsam

So, today was my first day of teaching as a newly-minted tenure-track full-timer, and guess what? The in-classroom stuff feels exactly same - and everything else feels completely different. I've got some ideas burbling up about hierarchy and class in higher ed, but I think I'll save them for an article. Suffice it here to say that the day went fine and it looks like it will be a busy quarter.


Here's my shot of the video chat with Jon of Monmouth when I took a picture of him taking a picture of me over the intarweb. I didn't have him at full screen, so there's a window with him in it and also a picture-in-a-picture with me in it, and you can see the camera itself on its gooseneck.




I promised Wheylona I would make a lolcat, so here it is.




In case you missed it, one of Otis's art pieces is featured on a peace website. She has more info on her blog.

No comments: