Sunday, September 16, 2007

Good intentions

So, I didn't get hardly no work done today (enough negatives in there for ya?) but in the spirit of Arnold Rimmer, I made up for it by developing a wonderful, color-coded schedule for the rest of the week.

The work did not go undone because of indolence, however; I did plenty of other stuff. Like, we went out to breakfast. Yeah. And I had to swing by Antioch to pick up some papers, and that took... well, minutes. And we went out to the movies with Stella this afternoon and stopped at the grocery store on the way home. So... yeah. Well.

Innyway, we saw Chalk, and I have to tell you, it was great. It is a mockumentary a la Christopher Guest's films, but it is much more realistic - except for a very few scenes, you would swear you were watching an actual documentary about teachers. Which is not to say it isn't funny - it is, very. It is also grounded in a strong sense of reality and presented with a great deal of verisimilitude and plausibility. Anyone who has ever taught will just love it. Catch it quick - it's on a limited engagement.

And Scotty Tuxedo called tonight, threatening to come over and visit, but he never did. He says he's in town, but I've heard that before. I'll believe it when I see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning on KUOW there was a story about Chicago schools, in one part a new principal, who was formerly an assistant principal, running to go break up a fight....it was deja vu indeed.

Scotty Walsh said...

Yeah, we had a flat tire on the freeway in the rain, while I was on the phone with you, making us late to a birthday party for a friend in Ballard, and causing a domino effect which didn't stop until it was probably past your bedtime. I'm still in town, but in Georgetown and carless, and a flight to Denver this afternoon. But I am about to initiate the move back to Seattle within 6 months time line. We will see. I don't suppose you're free this morning?