Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fewer and farther between? (posts, that is)

Well, I'm sure the party's not even over yet, and she doesn't even leave until tomorrow afternoon, but Otis and I paid our official farewell call on Wheylona up at Dingo's tonight. I must say, it has been wonderful having the ol' gal around for such a long and relaxed visit; we're sure going to miss her awful quick, even with the miracle of of webcam-aided VOIP to keep us connected. So.

Agur, Wheylona!

There was more good news up at the festivities: Dingo got a new job that (a) is better-paying, (b) has fewer hours, (c) is closer, and (d) remains low-stress. She has calculated that she will gain 20 hours a week free time to fill with other endeavors (including the two steady massage gigs that she has developed). Go Dingo!

I'll continue good news, just to spite Bummerman: just before going to the do, I finished uploading all my final assessments from my last class (a day early, even). So now, summer quarter is officially put to bed and fall quarter can take center stage, as if it hasn't been muscling its way in anyway. Orientation meetings are over and today and tomorrow are official prep days: I should be in good shape for classes on Monday.


Now, here are a couple of maps.

This one's mostly for Stella (with a nod to a recent Wheylona post): what's odd?



Who out there drew one of these for themselves after staring at words on a monochrome screen for dozens of hours?



And here is a cool map website:

Strange Maps is well-maintained with terrific content.

3 comments:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

OMG! Zork! Deep cathode saturation there.

I don't suppose there's a map for "Mule," anywhere.

Anonymous said...

So Britain survives, the Irish sea gets switched so it is next to what was formerly the continent of Europe.....and Central Asia sure got smaller. This must be the dream of some frickin Limey bastard!!!!!

ReadyToShelve said...

Ooh! Ooh! I drew one of those! Probably a dozen revisions before I finished the game, too. Lots of graph paper. I remember the disappointment of Zork III - the conclusion of the trilogy with the tiniest final map. It was like, that can't be it, can it? There's more rooms somewhere, right?