Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wish me luck

Otis let the cat out at about 4:00 am and said there was no snow. I got up a little while ago to see a fresh inch or snow. That means that campus openings have been delayed until 10:00 am, so my 9:00 class is once again cancelled (I haven't met with them since last Wednesday). Based on the forecast, I imagine that my afternoon and evening classes will go, and since this my long day, the one that includes a rush-hour race from Bothell to Belltown, that means a couple of long sloppy slogs through traffic. Ay, caramba!

And yesterday was such a great day! Clear and crisp and cold and sunny. I took a walk down to 45th to do some work in the morning, and then took another walk with Otis in the afternoon to do errands up Roosevelt Way. It was a slow and happy day. Today will likely be the opposite of that.

At any rate, the snow does make for some pretty pictures.


Snow Alley


Pawprints (the cat had just ducked around the corner)


The courtyard (and Selkie with laser-eye action)

4 comments:

Jon Myers said...

Good luck, squire. No snow down in the valley but freezing rain instead. The boys' school is on a two-hour delay as is the college. Unfortunately. our class start times do not coincide so who knows what will happen once I actually get to work. At which point, I will probably have to turn around and come back to pick up the boys. !Ay caramba, indeed!

wheylona said...

It's all topsy turvy and weird: you guys are getting winter-pounded, while here it's still really quite mild--there have been very few cold or rainy days this winter, quite the opposite of last winter. It's actually creeping me out a bit.

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck in figuring out why cats' eyes sometimes reflect two different colors.


Soapy

Jon Myers said...

I think it has something to do with the wavelength of the light that they are reflecting back?