Friday, January 12, 2007

Another day of cold-shine

Snowless Snow Days Part 2: The Frigidity Continues

NSCC opens at 10:00 today, so I will only have the one class, and I wonder how many people are going to show up for it: it's Friday, a paper is due, and any earlier classes have been cancelled. Perhaps it will be a futile exercise, but I'll be there.

I've been up fussing around since my normal getting-up time. The cold before sunrise was a whole 'nother thing: all it took was a few seconds with the door open to lose any warmth built and have chilly legs and arms again. I fed Mountie some high-fat food and gave him warm water; he liked it, but didn't spent any more time out of his warm-box than he had to. Selkie went out for just a few minutes and then was eager to come back in.

Bundle up, folks!

No comments: