Monday, January 15, 2007

I guess it was sort-of a break

I just realized that what I guess was a good thing has happened: these snowless snow days lately managed to provide me with a little bit of an extra winter break. I had been complaining that it felt like I went back to work too soon; these slow days have provided me with a change to sleep in, skip a commute, re-charge, and catch up. I have a little bit to do today, but I feel much better about diving into the week than I might have otherwise. yeah, the quarter has gotten a little scruffed up and I'll have to juggle some early assignments, but overall the good outweighs the bad.

On top of that, the cold-but-clear weather has been a welcome change from the usual winter gray in this part of the world. Not bad at all.

Yesterday, Otis spent a good chunk of this break time up in Everett at a baby shower for her sister in law. We got the kid some onesies and put these images on them:



Pretty cool, huh? Can you guess which ones Otis picked and which ones I picked?

I spent much of the day working but a good potion of it playing, too. A little more of each today and then back to the word mines tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where would the movie world be without the ubiquitous Morgan Freeman? Who would temper Brad Pitt's temper in the hunt for a serial killer? Tell Kevin Costna to "Move! Fasta!" Give voice to the penguins' hardships? Praise be to The Electric Company.

Soapy

p.s. the word verification says goukan. which is darn close to gouki. :)