Sunday, January 28, 2007

The best part of waking up...

...is not the Folger's in my cup, although even instant coffee tastes better when you put half-and-half in it. (We were out of tea that didn't have flowers in it.)

It was cold and crisp when I threw let the cat out this morning, so I imagine we are going to have another clear and sunny day today. I'm liking this kind of winter, I tell you.

We managed to get out into the sun for just a little bit yesterday, since it's still busy times around here. Since Otis doesn't want to say anything to jinx it, I'll do a little crowing for her: this has been her busiest week for massage since opening her doors last May. If she could maintain this level of activity all the time, life might not be all skittles and beer, but it would certainly be cakes and ale, anyway. Of course, she's still trying to fit a massive grading project for the school district in, too, so she's actually too busy right now. I managed to hack down half (by absolute paper count, at least) my stack of responding yesterday (so I should have time for some job application work today). We went out for just a bit, for a bite and business in Wallingford.

I had a chance to batch it last night, as Otis went and spent a long evening with her mom. It was fun to have the whole house to myself for a little while, and it reminded me of my time in grad school in Cheney, only with five times the floor space. I took advantage of this freedom to, uh, work. And do laundry. And talk to Stella and Dingo on the phone. And like that. What a wild man, eh?

Partyguy

No comments: