Monday, January 22, 2007

Back in the saddle

Sunday was full of getting ducks in rows and responding papers. Otis and I missed out on what I have heard was a lovely soiree at Sachet's; our big event of the day was taking a walk down Roosevelt and back.

Today I taught class in the morning, came hme at about 11:00 or so, and haven't left the house since: more assessing. I'm a-gaining on it, but I still will have about 150 papers to get through by next Monday night, one week from this moment. That's not so bad, really.

Of course, I also have six teaching job applicationss to complete and a couple of miscellaneous others. It is, of course, great to have so many opportunities to apply for; on the other hand, that's an awful lot of forms to fill out and statements of philosophy to write. But, all the work is an investment, innit?

So, in lieu of actual news, here are some links:

I so want one of these, too.

This is pretty good, even if isn't the best defense of atheism I have ever read. (But this might be.)

No comments: