Saturday, November 11, 2006

Spotty

No, it's not a new mascot, it's a description of the postings lately. You would think that with an extra day off this week, there would be lots of adventures on which to report, but no. I spent most of the day yesterday reading and listening to NPR. There were a lot of Veteran's Day specials, and since Otis and I had watched Fog of War (the McNamara documentary) Thursday night, I certainly got my fill of deconstruction of the Vietnam experience; parallels to the current adventurism in Iraq made themeselves apparent.

Last night was movie watching of a different sort: we had a nice gang over for a Big Wall Spectration of Gosford Park. We were joined by Sachet, Johnbai, O, Calhoun of the north and his sister Dibs, and a breathless Stella (sandwiching the visit between another movie date that day and emergency response training the next morning). The movie was good but the company was better, and several million extra credit points to Dibs for bringing brie!

This is mostly for Neds, even though she STILL hasn't posted about her birthday party. Here's some photos I found on the net of London then and now. I wonder if the old facade is still under the Sanyo sign?



2 comments:

Ned said...

While I appreciate, in two senses of the word, the none-too-subtle-nagging, I fail to find a connection between my birfday and London then and now.

Will post tomorrow, as already planned. Well, had planned to today, but got distracted by capitol hill.

Ned said...

OK, it took me, like, ya know, an hour, but all the dirty details is there! Too boring to be read in it's entirely, I'm sure.