Friday, December 22, 2006

They're ba-a-a-a-ck!

So, the Fall 2006 quarter is officially, completely, over and done with. All assessments have been done, all grades have been posted, and all paperwork has been filed away. Today is a window of irresponsibility: while I have some prepping to do, it can wait for next week, so there's nothing but nothing on the agenda!

After dotting and crossing yesterday, I had time to catch up with some traveling pals. First, I headed down to the airport to pick up Stella, who was returning from a relaxing trip to the City of Angels totally nixoned up: tan, rested, and ready. I dropped her off in the wilds of Woodinville and then hacked my way through some ugly traffic to meet Farmer Scott (in his seasonal guise as the Sugar Cookie King) at a local diner for catching-ups. Since I was late and there was a lot to catch up on (including Scott's expedition to New Zealand) the time went by entirely too quickly. We'll have to get together again soon.

Well, I should be going, because I have so much nothing to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Nothing!


Soapy

Ned said...

Love that feeling! Currently having it, but need to spend these two weeks charging batteries and getting organized for what promises to be a VERY BUSY academic year for me.

Anonymous said...

I took a four hour nap today. My goal is to do as little as possible, until the mania of Winter quarter begins....Well, I may go in and photocopy my syllabus next week- just to avoid the lines in January. Other than that, movies, naps and ok a little research.

Thanks for picking me up yesterday. It was great to get to chat during the journey to the back and beyond.