Tuesday, December 19, 2006

If it's Tuesday, I must be blogging

Time to buckle down and get my assessing finished. I did manage to get my things in order yesterday, but didn't get a lot of practical work done. I will blame it on socializing, both F2F and telephonic.

Kris-10 came over for a writing group with Otis, but the ladies let me visit for a while and have lunch with them. It was very pleasant to sit and chat of this and that; a lot more pleasant than working, for sure! I was only dragged away by a phone call from JustJon, and we spent a lot of time getting caught up and running my mobile battery down. That call was followed on its heels by one from Sailor Sue, who has been too long from these shores! We hope to see all these folks before too long -- perhaps before year's end? -- but it was great doing the reach-out-and-touch thing.

Otis had a session in the afternoon, so I busied myself with some errands. Upon my return, we dove into dinner, and then were treated to a post-prandial visit from Yojimbo, on his way back to the island. A few miles of memory lane later, and there was no chance of my getting anything useful done.

Mission accomplished!

No comments: