Sunday, January 29, 2006

Catching up with myself

I saw Johnbai's apologetic post and realized that it had been some time since I had posted here as well. I guess it's a sign of how busy things have gotten so quickly that not only didn't I post, but I didn't even know that I hadn't posted!

Anyhoo, Otis recovered from her grading marathon pretty well, and we had a good-but-busy rest of Wednesday. Thursday turned into another long day for me: classes in the morning, drive up to Bothell, planning/grading, class in the afternoon, dinner with Mel, then a curriculum meeting in the evening. That was pretty much that.

I miss having Fridays off. One of the drawbacks to teaching at North is that they don't employ much block scheduling - most of the classes meet every day. So, up again on Friday and to the classroom for the whole morning. Otis had two massages scheduled in the afternoon, so I went down to Antioch to take care of business and then met Dingo for a Trader Joe's run before she went off to do actual fun stuff with Johnbai. Otis and I finally saw Supersize Me at home Friday night. I thought it was a nice little piece of documentary film-making.

I spent most of yesterday right where I am now: typing at this keyboard, planning out the rest of the quarter for my two new classes, and doing related school work. Otis was at class all day, so I got quite a bit done, even taking time out for a nice long phone chat with JustJon. In the evening, the moovie group (me, Otis, and Jen Forceful) met at the Crest for Breakfast on Pluto. A bunch of the gang will be seeing it today, so all I will say is great!

Now: back to work!


No comments: