Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bloggin' fool


Wow - timing is everything. I finally get my work schedule down to something like human, and Otis piles her plate higher than family night at King's Table. She's got the rest of her school projects to do. She's been doing lots of practice massages, in anticipation of starting of her business in less than four months. She's still working for Hi Lai, and in fact, has to do another feng shui housecall all day this Sunday. She's still reading papers for IHS: currently it's themes on MacBeth (so, Lady MacBeth was all, like, "let's kill the king," and MacBeth did, because he was whipped) but there's about eight cubic feet of black-and-white composition book journals waiting their turn. And she's still doing her consulting work. Oh yeah - and her body feels beat up and she had a migraine the other day. Yipes! I feel like a slacker all of a sudden.


Otis working through the pain (that's ice strapped to her wrist).

I am actually taking decent advantage of my free time: I have been doing some personal projects as well as blogging like mad on Last Shortbox.

One big task is developing the Rhetoric of Comics class for Antioch; I'll have a bit of a shakedown for that when I do How to Read a Graphic Novel for SPL in about six weeks. in pursuit of this, I ordered a slug of books about comic book writing through Amazon; I got a pretty good deal on a bunch of used copies, and they all came promptly and in great shape. Score!

I've also been doing the full-time-job-hunt thing. I'm hoping to find a tenure-track position here in Seattle, or cobble together some kind of full-time position at one institutuion out of bits and pieces. Now's the time for that to start rolling, so keep digits crossed.

It has been more trouble than it ought to be finding a new seat cover for my scooter. I have moved to about Plan 9 in my schemes to replace the rotting mass of duct tape that currently serves as a saddle. I think I am going to try to get a piece of vinyl and make a whole new cover myself.

I was dissin' Johnbai over the featured music on his blog, so in order to mend fences I am going to make an hommage to his innovation. I won't put it in the sidebar like he does, but here's one of my favorites, the title track from an album that Dingo turned me on to. (Clicky for noise.)



And here's a strange intersection of worlds: A cranky review of a graphic novel (and graphic novels in general) from a Jewish perspective.

2 comments:

John said...

The advantage of the sidebar music station is that you rotate the song, which means you only have to host one mp3 file at a time. If you do several such posts, you will either run up against hosting space limits, or you'll have to delete the older hosted files (which will make your archived blog posts invalid.)
Great tune though. I remember making Diane choose this album when she joined BMG.

Walaka said...

But John, if I go to an archived post, and it refers to a song in the sidebar, and that song isn't there anymore, like this, how is that any less "invalid"?