Monday, April 11, 2005

Sunny days and Mondays

Man, after raining all night it sure looks beautiful out today.

Yesterday was a fine day. Another Green Lake walk, some bidness, then heading to Cap Hill to do some teacher-work while Otis gave massages at the apartment. Met Di and Dar and Dar's new friend (about which see a little here in the latest LPD comic).

Doesn't look like Sin City will be on the moovie list; too many people have seen it already. I guess I just wasn't too hot on it; still not. I had high hopes for the Hitchhiker movie until I read a review that began

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie is bad. Really bad. You just won't believe how vastly, staggeringly, jaw-droppingly bad it is. I mean, you might think that The Phantom Menace was a hopelessly misguided attempt to reinvent a much-loved franchise by people who, though well-intentioned, completely failed to understand what made the original popular - but that's just peanuts to the Hitchhiker's movie.

So, I don't know how high on my list this is anymore. (And before we get into the slavishly-following-reviews discussion, this was a four-page critique with a lot of details that I think gave me enough info to make an informed decision.) Anyhow, we'll see what coming up at the Crest for Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NicolA said that he is much more of a serious guy than that, but he has been eating alot of hot dogs lately so you better beware and look out for your fingers just in case they get mistook for a hot dog next time he sees you-dar.

John said...

I've reviewed HHGG on my own blog... and I think it's wicked to spoof the very language of the book to diss it's descendent movie (as your quoted reviewed has done.)