Saturday, April 30, 2005

Check your mailbox!

I am sending out an email about the pre-release party for Soapy's new CD!

Seriously, for those of you who don't know, while he may not be on the verge of releasing a CD just yet, Soapy is a wonderfully talented musician-singer-dancer. (Here's just one of his outlets. And here are his heroes.) Apparently, he has squandered all his talent on his art and left none for the task of naming. He has written some new compositions, and we're going to have a little name-that-tune (literally) competition.

You can join in the fun, too. Let's make this a night for musical adventurism. Bring your axe, your bone, your stick, your squeeze-box, whatever.

I also found a copy of the Password home game at the VV for two bucks, so we'll have that if we want it to turn into a games night as well. Bring an old or new game along if you want to.

Soapy is also going to bring some Strong Bad email DVDs. You either know how cool that is or you will find out.

We'll have pop and beer and munchies; bring any other comestibles if you'd like to.

Come for an evening of eclectic, musical, edible fun!

At 7:00 pm this Saturday, May 7?

RSVP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soapy music, StrongBad e-mail DVD's, games AND munchies.....my prayers and lamentations have been answered.....count me in!

Anonymous said...

Alas, I knew there was something fishy about that date. I'm getting married!

Oh no, wait... I'm just attending someone else's wedding.

You'll have to come up with tames for noons without me. :(

John

Anonymous said...

I knew there was something rotten about that date...I'm going to Denmark. No, actually I'm reading the first two acts of Hamlet, so I'll be there.

Diane