Saturday, April 23, 2005

Pause button off

I was awakened early this morning by a bird chirping so loudly it was as if he was in the bedroom. It is such a beautiful day - it appears spring is actually here. I have a lot of work to do this weekend on the Last Minute Grant as well as my usual stuff, but I hope we can get out for a bike ride sometime.

This has been a good week. Yesterday was another great day. Otis and I spent some time down at Golden Gardens, on the beach. We went out on the scooter - it sure feels good to scoot around again. I am thinking of scooting to Edmonds in the morning when it gets consistently nice. I did have to go in for a meeting for the L.M.G., and Otis had her Friday lab day, so there wasn't any adventuring. Thursday was my long work day, but Wednesday was glorious. It felt like a holiday - after the early morning class, Otis and I rode down through Fremont to get on the B-G trail, and then rode out to Magnusson Park to hang out. We came out of the park and headed across the neighborhoods. We stopped at Nana's for soup and then cut up the Ravenna hill, out to Green Lake, around the lake and up the hill to the zoo. It was quite a workout and a total of 17 miles. Good stuff.

Haven't been doing much moovie madness lately. Thinking about a mid-week at the BP. Soapy also had a great idea for a get-together, so when he gets back to me, we'll announce that. In the meantime, keep watching the skies...

No comments: