Saturday, April 16, 2005

The Rain is Tess

Man, the rain was coming down in sheets all night, and it's still tipping. Once again, I figure I am not going to be biking today. I want to get back to the place where weather is not a factor in riding, but I have to admit I'm not there. I used to see these two particular cyclists all Winter quarter; I would meet them as I was driving along Green Lake Way to get the freeway or Lake City Way and head out to Bothell. They would come west from Roosevelt and head south along the lake - going to downtown, maybe. No matter what the weather, they were there, the big one and the little one, lights blazing, legs pumping, neon gortex glistening, just zipping along. A man-and-woman couple? I couldn't tell through the dark and the rain and the gear they were wearing. I feel out-of-shape and lazy whenever I think about them. Either that will motivate me or I will stop thinking about them.

It's been a quiet week on the Ridge. Didn't make it to the Sat on Wednesday. The Crest was all out of movies that I haven't already seen, so I didn't try for a Friday moovie nite. Activity is picking up on the latest grant-writing deal, and Otis has been giving and getting a lot of student massages (as well as studying), so I think I have been just working a lot. Have been doing a lot of walks around the lake and along the Ridge, but not biking. And that's where I came in...


No comments: