Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hawaiian I

So, I seem to remember that a few days ago, I was in Hawaii... I think I was there for a while, but it all seems a blur now. Overall, it was a great trip: some sand, some sea, some sun; a little rain (okay, a LOT of rain), relaxing and reading; just a touch of sightseeing. Here's a short slide show of some stuff from the trip.

I have said how busy we have been since we got back, and it has only gotten busier. We went down to Ikea last night. I am amazed that no matter how much stuff I have, when I move, I wind up needing stuff I don't have - and often not needing stuff I do have - just because the space is different (and in this case, bigger). We needed a tower for the spectration unit (since the bookcases aren't in the living room anymore), a desk for Otis (since we lost the two built-ins); and a nightstand for me (since we don't have the chrome racks in the bedroom anymore). We managed to get it all in a relatively low-stress visit without paying very much money. Yay!

I have managed to catch up on e-stuff a bit as well. I had 182 messages on my comics scholar list serv, so it took a while to get through those. I made slash and burn runs through my usual blogs and more thorough trips through our own blogville, and I have finally checked work emails for the schools I am not actually teaching at right this moment. It's pretty well back to normal, I think.

So, just a few more days of messiness and we can get settled in to springtime and the start of B2K!*

*More to come on this front soon!

No comments: