Sunday, March 12, 2006

Blog break


I am up to my eyeballs in assessments still, but I am taking a little break for some chick'n patty 'n' corn dinner (yum - not so much) and blogging.

Saturday wasn't as productive as it might otherwise have been. I did get a significant bit of packing done, but I did not get as many assessments completed as I had planned to. Part of the reason was my lack of focus, but another part was that some students did not provide complete portfolios. Grrr. More work for me.

The SPL comix presentation went swimmingly. The crowd was on the smaller side, but they were very interested. The presentation/overhead part went smoothly, got laughs in the right places and lots of appreciative nods, and didn't take too long. The staged reading was successful at demonstrating how comix doesn't work with just the text; it worked in that it wouldn't have worked without the pictures being presented. After the bit, I met some of the folks, who included a freelance TV producer, a woman older than me who was a comics fan (unusual, that), and a guy who manages a comics store in Bellingham. A couple of other folks told me they were leaving the talk more interested in comics than they had been when they came in. I guess you can call that a success! And better still, I got to have lunch with JJ and coffee with Dingo!

Afterwards, I went home and assessed. And assessed some more.

This morning, I went over to meet the new landlords and get the keys to the townhome! I am hoping to be in a position on Wednesday to engage in some serious miscellaneous-moving-in action. Let me know if you want to play, but don;t burn yourself out nefore the real moving day, Sunday March 26.

Afterwards, I came home and assessed. And assessed some more. And yet more.

And here we are.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walter,

Courtney has only been gone a few days and already you are photographing yourself?...It's gonna be a long week.....

Walaka said...

heh... no, that's a photo Just Jon took when he was up here last. I had already uploaded it to Flickr (I was going to use it for my profile pic) so I just stuck it in. I was looking for a random image to break up the text...

I have been too busy assessing and packing and stuff to engage in any photo frivolities. Besides, Otis has my camera.

Anonymous said...

It is a pretty cool photo...I was just worried about you documenting yourself visually so soon after Otis left.

Glad there was a much more reasonable explanation....not sure if I really believe it, yet it's your story and I bet you are sticking to it.

Jon Myers said...

'Tis true. I took the photo. But I did not cut down any cherry trees.