Sunday, December 18, 2005

A splendid sunday

Ah, how nice it is to avoid work by doing really fun stuff.

Otis and I started the day by doing the laundry. While not the cheeriest of diversions, it went quickly and everything dried, so I'm putting it in the win column.

I had been feeling a bit out of touch with the gang, so we made some calls, and lo and behold, a merry band comprised of Mighty Mel, Dingo Donut, Johnbai3030, Otis, and me were having a totally delicious lunch of tofu pho, tofu-mango salad, lemongrass tofu and rice, lemongrass tofu and noodles, and grilled tofu with green beans just an hour or so later. (Among the missing was Soapy, who was so woozy when I talked to him that he couldn't tell his tamarind from his cinnamon.) The conversation was even better than the food, and we stayed at the place for nearly three hours.

We came home and got the ASANNYEWWSS invitations sent, and then took Otis's grandmother on a little drive to look at Xmas lights.

It's late now, and I guess I'll have to do those papers tomorrow - too bad!

And here's a very good example of what Scott McCloud calls the infinite canvas. Is it comics?

No comments: