Friday, December 16, 2005

Entering the transition

So, yesterday I gave the final final I had to give, so actual in-class teaching is over for the year. I have stretched out the timeline on my responding; although I had initally wanted to be done this weekend, it will take a few days more. It feels better doing a chunk each day consistently than trying to get it all done in one sitting. The drop-dead date for posting is Friday 12/23, and I should be done before that. I do have a bit of prep work to do before classes start again on 1/2, so I'll never be far from teacher mode, it seems.

Meanwhile, I am starting to gear up for all the projects that I have been holding in abeyance this quarter. Some of them are professional (for example, trying to establish some connections with other schools in Seattle), some are purely personal (such as needing to get back on the bike and wanting to do some kind of long ride this upcoming season), and some are somewhere in-between (deciding what I want to do about free-lance work). And these decisions all have to be made in the larger context of which full-time positions come available and whether I want to consider a doctoral program.

And of course there's the immediate social stuff, such as finalizing the New Year's Eve bash details, and figuring out all the holiday visiting, and seeing if there is ever going to be another Moovie Nite, and so on.

But for now, here's a little present just for Johnbai:

Pow Wow
as realised by Carmine Infantino

Pow Pow
as realised my me (and heromachine)

No comments: