Friday, December 16, 2005

Spiffin' up the place


I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was thinking of a new direction for this blog. I don't have a blueprint for the new, improved HKC just yet, but two elements are coming into place.

One is this remodel. I was playing with a lot of stuff over the pasy few months, and I wanted to strip away some of the frippery that had built up. I'm pretty much of a minimalist at heart, so I don't expect that it will all return or even be replaced with other frip.

The second element is the tentative launch of the Group Blog: Blogging - it's not just for moovies anymore! It is my hope that this other site will become the main venue for postings about moovie nites, game nites, get-togethers, and other social events. It is also my hope that I won't be the only one posting to it: I have set it up as a membership blog, and I have sent out invitations to those of you who comment, so that we can get even more interactive in our virtual space. I hope you will post interesting destinations that you hear of, movies or shows or concerts or new restaurants, events you are going to go to, events that you would go to if you could get someone to go with you, events that you can't go to but think are cool anyway -- any kind of stuff that might help us all connect and have fun in real life.

That's the plan, anyway. Go check it out with this link, or the link over in the sidebar, and get posting!

I think one of the effects of separating out the social calendar will be making the content of this here site become a bit wider in interest. I know that there are folks outside of the area who visit, and I don't want them to get tired of reading barbecue menus and in-jokes. I reckon there will be some amount of cross-posting; we'll see how that goes.

Oh, and one other consequence of this remodel will be the lifting of my self-imposed post-every-day rule. I imagine I will still be posting a lot; just now I won't feel guilty if I miss a day.

2 comments:

wheylona said...

Spiffy! I think I dig the new flesh tone.

Jon Myers said...

So you are going thisaway... and thataway. Not sure I like the flesh tone myself but I do like the minimalist look. Guess I am not on the invite list but then I don't live in Seattle, do I?

Fbbeyl!