Thursday, November 01, 2007

Dawn's early light

For reasons that are barely interesting to me, much less anyone else, I found myself up at five ay em today to do some some stuff. Well, the stuff is done, and I'm still up, so here I am.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to pull out the work-is-busy-blah-blah-blah template, with a slight modification to substitute "meeting" for every other "responding" reference. Neepers! This feels like a full-time job or something.

Tuesday is still the Long Day, with daytime and evening classes, but yesterday was full with something else. After a merely normal-sized teaching day, I came home and helped Otis arrange the house for a little Spooktration. We drew the audience from all different directions: Kris-10 from the dim recesses of Otis's past, Trots from Antioch, b and c through the massage school door, and new pals NatDog and Tom-Tom from the Cascadia connection. We all munched on groovy snacks, enjoyed Otis's Bloody-tooth Punch (seltzer with pomegranate seeds - they float up and down!), ate the unneeded trick-or-treat candy (total visitors = zero), and watched Sleepy Hollow, the Johnny Depp version, which holds up surprising well. (Although it was a little heavy-handed.) There were no costumes as such, although b did take the opportunity to debut her new look. A ghoulish good time was had by all.

Oh, but I did wear a costume to work on Wednesday: slacks and a jacket and tie. People were shocked, if not horrified, so I guess it was a good choice.

No comments: