Saturday, November 03, 2007

Blog break

Today has been a work 'n' play day, but it feels like mostly work. I’m just taking a dinner 'n' blog break before jumping back into school work.

Last night, when Otis got home from her writing group, we had dinner and then decided to hit a late movie. Although the bat-signal went out, no one joined us, but that was fine since we had a grand ol’ time at the Crest watching Ratatouille anyway. I gotta tell ya, so many people told me how great this movie was that I was prepared for a major disappointment, but it was hilarious. I swear, I almost fell out of the seat a few times I was laughing so hard. The voices were great and the visuals were fantastic. Of course, it was a little heavy-handed, but what are ya gonna do?

Otis and I took a nice walk this morning, partially around the lake and up to Urban Bakery for some brekkies. On the way back, we stopped at the Green Lake Library and saw J-Force, who was getting oriented to her new digs. It’ll be great to have her in the neighborhood!

Once home, I wrassled with the dishwasher and with one of the bathroom sinks, winning only one match of the two. (I guess it’s time to call in the professionals for the dishwasher.) We cleaned the house and did all that dull stuff before walking out to the U-district have a bodyworkers’ reunion (Otis) and respond papers (me).

I got a lot done before Otis met me to come home, but there’s still a lot more to do, so I’d better get to it.

No comments: