Thursday, November 29, 2007

Brekkie blog

I got up early today to enjoy the pre-dawn chill and darkness, dispelling one with Sachet's heat-dish and the other with my bright disposition. Dishes are done and bag is packed and the day is ready to unfold itself before me.

It's the calm before the storm, or more like the pause before the clunk right now. Classes are in their final phases, so students are giving presentations and revising final drafts; there's not much performative demanded of me right now. But I know that by Tuesday evening, I will have amassed a pile of 90 portfolios that will require reading and assessing. It's a lighter load than I have had some quarters, but still formidable.

It appears that Neds had found digs - rumor puts her in the wilds of West Seattle, with the waters of Elliot Bay gently lapping at her apartment door. Can't wait to see it.*

Old pal JJ, long since relocated to the even wilder wilds of Wisconsin, has a blog! Looks like she'll be making a trip back for a visit soon.

Big weekend coming up, with a soiree, a launch, and a reading, and a meeting-packed Friday on the agenda, so I'd best get the day in gear.


*Rumor also says Dingo should get a finder's fee.

1 comment:

Faye in Spain said...

Thank you Walter for bringing news of Nedra and her developments, she appears to be AWOL from the Nets at the mo.