Sunday, March 13, 2005

Moovie nite?

Since so many of us are gigging, unemployed, or underemployed, I have been trying to steer the moovie nites away from the first-run houses and toward the Crest or other discount places. I just checked with the Big Picture, and it looks like they don't do two-fer Tuesdays anymore, but do have $5 Monday and Tuesdays. I think the Admiral Twin in West Seattle has cheap nights, but it's in West Seattle. Anyone have any other ideas?

I would like to go to the movies this Friday. What does anyone think of What the Bleep Do We Know? I have heard that it is either an interesting meditation on quantum physics and the meaning life or a thinly veiled propaganda piece from JZ Knight (the lady from Yelm who channels Ramtha). It's at the Crest right now and might still be there next week. Any other ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walter is that you? Did you steal the hair? Good golly you've gone leaps ahead of the rest of us. I think this is a jolly good idea and darn well wish I had not forgot the bicycle ride. We, the kids and I were un-snowed out. The snow was more similar to puddles of slush mixed with salt, like a nice bar drink. We canceled our plans and drove home Saturday night. Sunday we sat at home wondering what to do. We choose to vacuum the car... Darn sorry I forgot your bicycle ride. Maybe this blogger is the answer. Hope to see you at the next ride. JK

Walaka said...

Where were you snowed? Did I miss a step?

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When the drive-ins open there is one in Kent or Auburn (hell I don't know it is, somewhere south of here) where they do double features of fairly-first run movies (don't ask what that means, just think like you're in Melissa-world and it will all become clear). I think it is 6 bucks to get in, for a double feature that is a good deal. Plus we get to see what people in the sticks live like (says the woman who lives in Woodinville).

So, let's put that on the calendar at some point, and make nice with people who have large vans or pick up trucks....Do we even know anyone like that?

Melissa