Sunday, March 13, 2005

In Media Res

So, I guess I will give this a try. Instead of emails flying about, I'll just be putting stuff in here. Maybe at some point we'll make this a registered-membership site or something, but I don't think there's much to worry about right now.

I think one of the reasons I have never been strong on keeping any kind of journal is the starting. It seems that a log or journal or diary should be keyed to something - as a matter of fact, I did keep a journal on my bike trip to Europe in '92, since it was linked in my mind to the trip. I never did keep it up afterward; I haven't done any journaling of note since.

I am obviously going to just have to jump in with this blog business, though; there's nothing to hang it on. So here's the hardest bit, the first (committed) entry. I'll try to put in just enough background to contextualize it (mostly for myself) and then I'll just plow ahead.

Oh, and not to worry: this isn't going to get all confessional or anything. I really hope it turns out to be a clearinghouse for our (you know who you are!) group activities, but have no further ambitions for it beyond that. Although, isn't this how Craig's List got started... ?

Okay: Otis is in Hawaii, and has been since Thursday. She called yesterday and said it was pouring rain, but then text-messaged later and said it was sunny again. Yay! Friday night was moovie nite (see below) and it was great. Saturday was a beautiful day; I wound up having to take my bike into the shop because (a) the seat had been stolen and (b) I had shamefully neglected it over the winter and it needed a full spa treatment. I'll get it back next week. I took the opportunity to walk around Green Lake; man, it was nice.

Last night was the T-shirt party. Totally great - lots of fun people. Happy Birthday, L.! I didn't stay too late, because today was the first PB&J ride. We met at Gasworks and rode out to Matthews Beach. Just a wee ride, about 15 miles, but a good first ride of the season for us. Beautiful weather, spectacular views - we could see all the snow that isn't on the Cascades. I was on Otis's bike, and it actually fit pretty well, but I want to get some miles in on my own, of course. What a great spring!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Test response